Thursday, July 11, 2013

The movers are coming...the movers are coming!

I have officially moved from nervous to actively twitchy in the last several days.  And yet I am still choosing to spend time with friends and family rather than go through cupboards and other areas of the house that need to be sorted.

I keep repeating the phrase shared with me by my handsome husband: "If the movers pack up and store stuff we don't really want to keep, it's not the end of the world".  Maybe not the end of the world, but it just might be a harbinger of doom.  However, that could just be me.

Today marks just 4 days until movers come, and just 12 days before we fly out of Portland.  Now many of my interactions with friends are the last for a long while and are thus a bit weepy.  All my friends will remember me stressed and teary.  That's why they all need to visit us - to erase that memory and replace it with a better one.  Hopefully of us settled into our new Irish home, ready to host and share the beautiful country with visitors.

So save your pennies people, we mean it when we say we want you to visit.

1 comment:

  1. Balls... I am in full denial. Can't even think about being without my baby sister for YEARS! Gaaa

    ReplyDelete